Welcome, Chanters!

Posted by Jeffrey Pinyan at 8:48 AM

I spent Friday and Saturday in Washington, DC, at the National Basilica Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.  The Church Music Association of America (CMAA) was co-sponsoring a Gregorian chant pilgrimage.  Here is my Facebook photo album of the event.

The weekend ended with Mass (in the Extraordinary Form) celebrated in the Crypt Chapel.  In addition to a schola which sang the propers, all of us sang the ordinary of the Mass (the Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, and Agnus Dei) in Gregorian chant.  The organizers of the event allowed me to put one of my Praying the Mass "business cards" in each of the chant-materials bags, and I got a chance to speak with several other attendees about the book.

So, if you're from the Gregorian Chant pilgrimage, welcome to Praying the Mass.  I have a special discount code (15% off) for you, so if you email me (and can verify your presence at said pilgrimage...) I'll give you the discount code.